This activity is exclusively aimed at high school groups. This is a guided group.
We suggest you take a route through the park's most representative habitats, with burricleta, the electric rural bicycle.
With the burricleta nobody is behind, because the whole group is at the same pace: you will exercise, you will be outdoors and you will be connected to nature.
Route 1: Small Route of the Natural Park - 2,5 hr approx
Burricleta tour to enjoy three spectacular Empordà landscapes: the Ter river, the Montgrí mountain and the sea.
The route begins at Gualta, in the Burricleta Center of the Baix Empordà. We follow the last stretch of the River Ter, with peace of mind, until reaching Gola del Ter, where the river flows into the Mediterranean Sea. From this point there are fantastic views of the Medas Islands. We will follow the route to the Basses d'en Coll, where we will stop at the bird observatory: if we fine-tune our eyes, we can see a lot of birds! We will continue the itinerary next to the rice fields, a crop that models the landscape of the Empordanet, and that along with riverside channels and trees make it a unique natural space. We'll cross the river and return to the Center.
Route 2: Pirates at sight! - 2,5h approx.
Did you know that the pirates stopped at the Medes Islands to attack the coast of L'Estartit and get food and hostages?
Interesting, right? We will explain everything to you. We will leave Gualta and we will cross towards the left bank of the River Ter. There, there is a spectacular view of the Medes Islands. We will continue to L'Estartit going through a unique space recovered thanks to a LIFE project of the European Union. From L'Estartit we will explain how this small fisherman's village was. Returning, and in the direction of Toroella de Montgrí, we will see some typical Catalan farmhouses with watchtowers: what were them built for?
Past Torroella, we will cross the Ter River and we will return towards the center.
Interesting things to know: Book Now >
- The group is led by a guide accredited as an official of the Natural Park.
- The group is accompanied by monitors with a ratio of 1:10 and van support.
- You can hire a specialized guide on a specific subject, at an extra cost.
- When you finish the tour you have a green space and toilets for free (the Cabana d'Ocitania).
- You can combine the "Pirates at sight" route with an excursion to the Medes Islands with the boat Nautilus with underwater vision (extra cost).
- Free coach parking.
- Groups larger than 35 pax can be assumed, doing two shifts.